Andrea Symons – Lampwork Glass Artist
Although I work in a variety of artistic mediums, my more recent, and by far my most passionate focus is with molten glass..
I Lampwork form beads over an Oxy/propane torche, which are then kiln annealed for strength, clarity and durability. This is an ancient art form which is showing a new resurgence with the modern glasses of Italy, Japan and the Americas. I primarily use Morretti glass, but have also dabbled in other Coefficients, when the mood calls for variation. Each type of glass behaves differently in the flame, ranging from 92 – 104 coefficients. The results, therefore, are different in each piece.
I love getting mucky with all sorts of goop. Obviously molten Glass is too hot to touch, but with the right tools I can manipulate it to suit my fancy. I love spending time in my studio.
Recent shows, demonstrations, and displays include:
- The Edgewater Lodge, Whistler, BC.
- Pemberton Museum, Pemberton, BC.
- Make1Yarns Shop, Calgary, AB,
- European Design, Vancouver, BC,
- Pemberton Christmas Fair, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Whistler, Bizarre Bazaar, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Estrella Fair, Arizona, 2009
- Molten Maidens, Seattle, Wa, 2010
- 2010 Whistler, BC
- Whistler Molten Experience, 2012
- Hell Fire Studios, Thailand, 2012
- Millenium Place, Whistler, 2012
- The ISGB Gathering, 2012
- Fraser Valley Bead Show 2012
- Various SCA events throughout the year. *check for postings.
Please view what is currently available and keep checking in regularly to see new pieces, or contact me directly so I can let you know what I have available. I will be pleased to ship directly to you and accept Pay Pal for your convenience. Thank you for your interest.